On May 17th our friend Ben married the love of his life, Carmen. I was delighted to be able to stand up in the wedding and help decorate the yard (which was really quite amazing and included a lit stage and tent). They had beautiful weather, the poles for the tent missed the septic tank,the bride was gorgeous, the groom handsome, much drink was had and everyone was very happy for the love birds- it was perfect. And Brian made it to the ceremony despite worries about being stuck in Detroit to complete his contract for the Hilberry.
On May 20 our friends Vince and Kerry Teninty welcomed two twin girls into the world-Ashlynn Paige ("Paige") 4 lbs.and Alexandra Renee ("Lexi") 4lbs 10oz. Kerry ended up having to deliver them without an epideral! She deserves some sort of medal and certainly a mention here. Paige needed to stay in the hospital for a few extra days, but everyone is home now- happy and healthy. We're very very excited for them. Brian went and visited his "honorary neices" about a week after they were born while I was in Scotland and he fell in love with both of them.
My mom completed her last day with kids as a principal last Friday! We're very proud of her. She's got a few more weeks wrapping things up before she is officially done, but her retirement is within reach! She's had several retirement celebrations through work- unfortunately we haven't been able to attend any of them.
Baby Smigliani update: Baby and mom-to-be are doing great! Heather is in her 6th month. Our nephew is already kicking and listening to music. We're very excited to meet him. September can't come fast enough!
Brian finnished his first year at the Hilberry and went to The Stratford Shakespeare Festival for several days in Canada and visited with his director from As You Like It. He saw Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet and Cabaret and enjoyed them all.
My trip to Scotland for the Imaginate Festival was AMAZING. I loved the shows, the city, the people, the history- I loved it all. I saw 13 of the 15 shows- many of them which are now in my top ten productions I've ever seen. I traveled there with my friend Jenny and we had great adventure. Let me know if you want any specifics- I could go on for days and days...I also have about 300 pictures (truly) if you're interested. And my trip to the Pedegogy and Theatre of the Oppressed Conference in Omaha was good- some great workshops and a really good company.
Saturday I take Bri to summer stock in Coldwater. He's in "Little Women" and "Room Service" and is directing "The Goodbye Girl." LITTLE WOMEN: 8 pm - June 26,27,28/July 3,5 & 2 pm - June 26 and July 2// ROOM SERVICE: 8 pm - July 10,11,12,17,18, 19 & 2 pm - July 10 and 16//THE GOODBYE GIRL: 8 pm - July 24,25,26/August 1 and 2 & 2 pm - July 24 and 30
I'm off to Kalamazoo for workshops and then my camp season begins! Please keep in touch!

No comments:
Post a Comment